Roster Planner 3.3
Roster Planner is a staff scheduling tool, that separates the problem into three:
- The activity schedule, showing what is to be done when.
- The work schedule, showing who is available when.
- The assignment problem of who is to do what and when, based on availability and competences.
Scheduling both the tasks and the employees is a unique approach, ensuring that the tasks are manned with minimum set of employees.
This layout pinpoints the primary scheduling problem thereby making it manageable.
- Ensures you get the jobs assigned with the right staff.
- Optimize your schedules by using the template feature as a simulation tool.
- All communications with your staff via email ensuring fast and efficient coordination.
The program is applicable in health care, hospital departments, kindergarten, facility service business and other sites where the tasks and working hours exhibits a recurring pattern and where the scheduling task is of such complexity, that manual composition is difficult.
Highlights from the feature list
- The scheduling task is performed with the look and feel of a planning board.
- Creation of a plan using templates is a matter of seconds.
- Automatic allocation of resources to activities based on competences and availability of resources.
- The consequences of known variations in staff availability are indicated, and can be taken care of instantly.
- When exceptions such as absence are registered, the consequences will be instantly visible. Watch this video to see how Roster Planner assists in solving this problem.
Roster Planner is a roster tool consisting of two boards:
- The Activity Schedule, giving an overview of which tasks are to be done, and when.
- The Work Schedule, showing the availability of your staff at any given time.
This gives an instant overview of the scheduling task.
The program addresses the operating management, as the main purpose of the program is to assist during the scheduling task and the handling of daily exceptions.
As focus is set on the scheduling task, the main purpose of the program is to:
- Offer an interface which gives an instant overview of the scheduling task.
- Offer facilities, which make it easy to build and maintain the activity and duty schedules.
All changes to the schedules are made directly on screen with the look an feel of a planning board.
- Perform automatic assignment of resources to activities with respect to:
- The qualifications needed for a task and the qualifications offered by the resources.
- The availability of resources.
- Teams, ie. a distinct set of persons assigned to a distinct set of tasks.
- Job Rotation.
- Predefined templates, from which actual schedules may be derived, simply by repeatedly superimposing the template upon a scheduling period.
This greatly simplifies the scheduling task, as only exceptions need to be handled.
A template looks and behaves like an ordinary schedule.
Finally templates can be used for simulating.
The program can be operated and configured by the ordinary user.